Countdown 2019 Hollywood Movie Review-Moviezadda2050

Movie Overview

At a teen party, a group of friends downloads the app Countdown which predicts when the user dies. Teenager Courtney sees that she has just a few hours to live and does not approve of her drunken boyfriend Evan's ride. She leaves the house but is killed by a supernatural creature when the timer in her cellphone reaches zero. 
Meanwhile, Ivan crashes his car at the time of his death and he goes to a hospital where nurse Quinn Harris works. Evan reveals that he is afraid to go into surgery because the app Countdown predicts that he will die at the same time as the surgery. The hospital's doctors and nurses decide to download the app and Quinn realizes that she has only three days of life. When Ivan mysteriously dies in an accident at the hospital,
Quinn buys a new cellphone and finds that the app is also installed. When she meets Matt Monroe at the store's parking lot, she learns that her death was predicted a few hours before and they team-up...


Countdown 2019 Hollywood Movie Review-Moviezadda2050,Countdown 2019 Hollywood Movie download Moviezadda2050
Countdown 2019 Hollywood Movie Review-Moviezadda2050

Movie Review

Countdown was written and directed by Justin dec and is the story of an app that tells you when you're going to die and when the nurse downloads this app it tells her she only has three days to live so she embarks on a mission to find out the truth about this app and see if she can Swart the fate that this app has prophesied as massive as a whore above as I am and as much as I love this genre didn't even know this movie was coming out until a few weeks ago I had heard nothing about it I had seen no trailer sit just kind of showed up and I went oh I guess this is the  mainstream Halloween movie this year there's been a trend of techno the horror 

we had unfriended dark web friend-request and even movies like the wonderful Slender Man seemed to have inspiration with the Internet and now we have a movie about a literal killer app and this will shock none of you but it's one of the worst movies I've seen this year it's strangely watchable at times because it's semi competently helmed and the production is better than I thought it would be and what I mean by that is that it looks like a real movie but the script is well it's a script this film seems to be going for comedy there are scenes that are obviously meant to be funny there are some that are unintentionally funny but there's plenty of scenes that are trying to make you laugh it reminded me a bit of happy death day a movie that is billed as a horror movie but is kind of a comedy let's talk a little bit about that comedy because honestly,

it's one of the most cringe-worthy aspects in this a movie like there are a few films in which I have actually cringed you know that's a very an overused phrase sometimes you hear a joke and you think ooh that was embarrassing or that wasn't very good or oh my god you really just made a fool of yourself and so now I feel cringed but there were a few moments in this the movie

where my muscles actually locked up and I felt embarrassed to be in a public place watching it with people that are honestly true and one of the biggest issues are that there is an absurd amount of subplots that have very little to do with the tension that is surrounded by this final destination like a scenario that you know when you're gonna die and they're just basically waiting for it to happen and you're constantly afraid of everything around you like it's going to kill you that's the other thing 


Countdown Official Trailer

I didn't like about it was really kind of a rip off file destination in a lot of ways and these subplots eat this movie alive one of the biggest ones being a priest that is there for comedic the relief he has a cross stat too when they walk in on him he's smoking he tells so many horrific unfunny jokes it reeks of somebody just saying say whatever you want and that'll be in the movie he actually says hallelujah high-five to somebody swear to god I'm not kidding another subplot is that halfway through the movie another character is introduced you know nothing about him he just shows up at a cell phone repair shop and all of a sudden he's in this main character's life the nurse and a hint of romance blossoms and I felt nothing from it, 

another is that at this cell phone repair shop they meet a tech guy and they want to go to him to try to figure out what's wrong with their phone first off what's up with this app am I gonna fucking die oh my god I can't even delete it from my phone this is fucking horrible so they're at this tech shop and this a guy is looking at the phone on his computer and he's like damn this app takes up 60 gigs and she's like is that big and he goes yeah like a whole season of Game of Thrones on your phone big oh and within this same scene the tech guy has his phone and he's apparently downloaded the app as well and it's told him he's gonna die in a certain amount of time 

I believe it was 37 to 40 years but that's not really the point what he says next is the point he says do you think the Marvel The universe will last for another 40 years the writing in this film is honestly embarrassing I found myself stifling laughter quite often and like I said it's supposed to be funny at times the actors are fine you don't look at the movie and think Oh God like what terrible performances it's really it's the script this is a 90-minute exactly-13 movie that's just kind of thrown into theaters to make some money on Halloween and it feels very forced the way it was written in particular the last subplot I do want to talk about in this review it's easily the worst in the whole film and that is a forced sexual harassment subplot this woman's a nurse and a doctor hits on her very aggressively and she's very clear she wants nothing to do with that he doesn't back off at first and she has to push him away later 

I guess spoilers you know if you really want to see countdown this part - spoiler what I just said is not that happens early on later he actually goes to the board at the hospital and says she tried to hit on him and he gets her in trouble and possibly suspended and fired so the guy's a fucking asshole he's terrible like he's a terrible character but he kind of becomes the main villain for a while and they go back to this really creepy subplot a lot too easily the most cringe-worthy and embarrassing line in the entire film this subplot has nothing to do with the movie and I know exactly why it's in there for the past year I've had multiple scripts that I have talked to many studios about and some have shown real interest I haven't told you guys that but it's cool like I'm trying to get some things made one of the biggest notes 

I have always gotten back is that if you included some sort of social commentary or something that was in the news today something that people are talking about a lot that might make your script easier to sell and I feel like that's happened here my problem isn't the storyline it's how it's used in the film the fact that it clearly does not fit into this movie, it just feels like something that was inserted into the screenplay to help it sell better I'm glad this isn't the last horror film 

I'm seeing this Halloween because I actually got tickets to the advance showing for dr. sleep which is coming out I think on the 30th the advanced early thing they're doing I'm very excited to go see that because this movie honestly let me down on just about every level I did not find it scary and very little of the actual humor they were going for it worked for me, the mythology behind the app is barely discussed surface level at best and even then it's them going to a priest and he says something about ancient Latin and I'm like is this honestly the 1,000th time 

I have seen this in a horror film and again I am all for tropes, I've said this before clichés and tropes totally fine if you can find a unique way to show me them or engage me in them then I get excited you can have a billion vengeful ghost movies you can have a ton of shark movies slasher movies there are certain horror subgenres that are basically accepted as something that you can see a lot of it's just what you do with those tropes and cliches how you make it your own 

this doesn't feel like anyone's vision this feels like a slap together 90-minutes-13 horror movie coming out towards Halloween to make a quick buck I'm gonna give countdown an F I lost interest in this movie halfway through and none of the characters invested me their attempts to bring inside characters halfway through with the very the forced romance didn't work for me either and the overabundance of unnecessary subplots just ate away at the pacing of this film 

I thought it was very poorly handled and it could have been a lot better even with the cheesy killer app plot I thought it should have embraced the humor a lot more kind of like happy death day did which I didn't even love that movie but it understood its characters better and the humor of the situation and if we're going to be cheesy then just go full-blown cheesy and be over-the-top embrace that doesn't try to be both because this movie tried to be a lot of things and none of them really worked for me and thank you guys  as always look forward to more reviews very soon and if you like this you can comments write here and get stuck mine eyes


Cast: Elizabeth Lail, Jordan Calloway, Talitha Eliana Bateman 

Director: Justin Dec


Moviezadda2050

Post a Comment

0 Comments